Saturday 9 June 2018

One Year Anniversary

‘I am a bit overwhelmed, please pray for me’. 

Words sent to me by a sister who is passing through some major life changing situations. 

When she wrote those words to me, I could immediately relate. You see, one year ago I also went through a life altering situation. I left the comfort of home and the everything familiar to pursue a dream in a strange land. When I embarked on the journey I was full of excitement at the many things that were before me, the promise of the future. I had set out to conquer the unknown and surely the unknown would yield to me.

A few months into my sojourn it all hit me. I was alone and far from home, facing some tough situations that I had not anticipated. I became overwhelmed and went through bouts of spiraling emotions. 

But through it all I clung to the WORD. It became my life line, offering me encouragement, wiping my tears, boosting my morale and giving me consolation.

One year later am still strong; and despite the many times I have felt overwhelmed, I remind myself of Isaiah 63:1-2 
‘But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, Uchechi, he who formed you, Uchechi: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.’

So sis I pray these words which I share with you today encourage you. It is well.


Happy one year anniversary to me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment